Be a Great Engineer and an Amazing Manager.
Whether you’re a brand new manager or a seasoned pro, you want to take your management skills to the next level. Welcome to the Managing Dev, a site for software engineers that manage. My name is Fabian Camargo and I’m here to support you!
Do you ever ask yourself these questions?
- How can I stop feeling guilty at the end of the week for not writing a ton of code?
- How much time should I spend managing versus doing my IC work?
- I know how to write great code, how do I motivate someone else to do that?
- What exactly am I supposed to be doing as a manager?
- How do I have quality 1-1s that don’t turn into status meetings?
- How do I get my manager to see the value of my management work?